Rolling coverage of the latest economic and financial news
- Pfizer hikes Covid-19 sales forecast to $26bn this year
- Pharma giant has sold $3.5bn vaccines already
- UK factory PMI surges amid supply chain delays
- Mortgage lending surges amid stamp duty holiday
- Pandora to stop selling mined diamonds
- Introduction: Factories are struggling to get raw materials
Just in: US factory orders jumped by 1.1% in March, underlining how the American economy is strengthening.
That’s up from a 0.5% fall in February, and means that new orders for manufactured goods have risen for 10 of the last 11 months.
Factory Orders at multi year high (ignoring the Boeing spike in 2014). pic.twitter.com/qtw9c5jFSO
The Nasdaq is down 2%.
Nasdaq down a quick 4% from its open last Thursday (4/29). $QQQ
Wall Street opens lower as tech stocks slide – business live